Some of my favorite Whole30 meals are the simplest to make, and Whole30 BLT’s are about as simple as it gets.
Literally, in the time it takes to cook the bacon, these bad boys are done and with a newborn around, I’ll take it!
I love making these with Applegate Organics No Sugar Bacon but if you don’t eat pork or just want a tasty alternative, their Uncured Turkey Bacon works great too. Both are made with high-quality, humanely raised protein and don’t have any added sugars, hormones, grains or dairy that you might find in other brands.
Even if you’re not on Whole30, but just looking for a ‘cleaner’ bacon option, Applegate has you covered!
- 4 pieces Applegate Organic No Sugar Bacon
- 1 tbsp Whole30 compliant mayo
- 1/2 Red Tomato, sliced into 4 pieces
- Lettuce for wraps I love butter or bibb lettuce for these
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and cook bacon, flipping periodically 8-10 minutes (or until your preferred crispiness)Alternatively, you can also cook bacon in the oven at 400°, for 15-20 minutes or until your preferred crispiness
- While the bacon cooks, line a plate with paper towels for draining later
- Slice the tomato and prepare the lettuce for wraps
- Place a piece of lettuce on a plate, smear with 1/4 tbsp of mayo and add a tomato slice, repeat 3 more times
- Once the bacon is done cooking, place on the paper towel-lined plate to drain and then cut each slice in half
- Add the bacon to each of your wraps and enjoy!
- Bonus tip: add avocado for some extra flavor or in lieu of mayo