Around the start of the New Year, we received an email from Summit’s breeder, letting us know that one of his sisters lived near us in the city. Her owners were hoping to be put in touch with other litter mates and she was curious if we minded our information being shared.
Tim and I immediately wrote back that, of course, we didn’t mind and would love for Summit to be reunited with more of his siblings (he was able to meet another one of his sister’s last year)!
After an initial email, we began texting back and forth and it didn’t take long before we were planning their first play date. We decided to meet at a dog park in the Upper East side and couldn’t wait to see if they would remember each other or not.
Well, not only did they remember each other, but Summit was literally crying to get to her through the gate! They played for about an hour non-stop before we had to call it quits and go inside (it was unfortunately about 20° F that day).
We decided that with their 2nd birthday coming up, we should 100% celebrate all together, and this past week, that’s exactly what we did!
Kiwi and Summit got to play in the park, eat the most adorable cake and were absolutely spoiled with gifts and treats. One gift being, this amazing personalized cookie cutter from Kiwi’s aunt! She knew how much I love to make Summit homemade, organic goodies and this cookie cutter is the perfect addition to his treat-shape repertoire.
Summit is so lucky to have been reunited with his sweet sister, and Tim and I are even luckier to have made amazing, new friends. We can’t wait to get them together again soon, especially with spring and warm weather on the horizon!
Organic Peanut Butter & Banana Dog Treats
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Organic Peanut Butter *
- 2 Ripe Bananas mashed
- ¼ cup Water, Beef, Chicken or Vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Mix or beat until well combined.
- Sprinkle work surface with additional flour, and roll out dough using a rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick
- Cut the dough into shapes using a cookie cutter of choice and place onto a cookie sheet
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (I find that 18 minutes is perfect in my oven), remove from oven and let cool