A restaurant near us has this dish on their menu and it’s far by one of my favorite weekend breakfasts. So good in fact, that I was inspired to recreate this at home. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this dish is not only extremely easy to make but at 1/10 of the cost, an elevated addition to our breakfast repertoire.
In less than 25 minutes and 5 steps this dish is done and ready to enjoy. Start by coating your skillets with a little ghee or butter, then add your eggs, being cautious not to break the yolks. Sprinkle each skillet with some prosciutto and cheddar cheese before popping in the oven to bake. It’s that simple. I personally like to serve this with a side of toast or fruit, but that’s just me. I hope you enjoy!
Individual Prosciutto and Cheddar Baked Eggs
- 2 – Mini 5 inch Cast Iron Skillets
- 6 Eggs
- Ghee or Butter to coat skillet
- 2 oz Diced Prosciutto
- Cheddar Cheese or cheese of choice
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Coat two mini cast iron skillets with ghee or butter to help avoid sticking
- Crack 3 eggs into each skillet, being careful not to break the yolks
- Sprinkle each skillet with prosciutto and cheddar
- Bake 15-20 minutes depending on how runny you like your yolks or using a thermometer ensure the yolk is cooked to 160°. I baked mine for 16 minutes which leaves yolks a little runny on top but harder on the bottom. Note yolks will continue to cook a bit out of the oven when sitting
- Let sit 3 minutes before eating
- Optional: serve with toast or fruit