Summer is in full swing and with the heat comes my desire to consume all things frozen and/or iced. In an attempt to keep it fairly healthy, however, I’ve been looking for tasty alternatives to satisfy my sweet tooth.
After scouring Pinterest, I came across this recipe on TheToastedPineNut for Banana Popsicles and was immediately intrigued.
- Banana’s – check
- Chocolate – yes, please
- Together, frozen? – Enough said!
Instead of going the popsicle route, I decided to make poppable frozen banana bites. I started by cutting two bananas into 12 slices each and decorated to my heart’s desire.
The thing I love about these little bites is that they are incredibly easy to make and the flavor variations are endless. Here, I used Ghiradelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips, peanut butter, crushed almonds, and sprinkles but you really can use any ingredients you’d like. Tim already requested that we make these with white chocolate next time around and I have a few topping ideas in mind that I can’t wait to test.
Pop them in the freezer and voila! a simple, delicious, and healthy snack.
Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Bites
- 2 Ripe bananas
- ¼ cup Chocolate chips melted
- Peanut Butter for drizzling
- Crushed Almonds to top
- Sprinkles to top
- Slice each banana into 12 pieces and place in an even layer on a freezer friendly cookie sheet
- Melt chocolate on the stovetop or in the microwave
- Drizzle chocolate over banana slices
- Top with peanut butter, sprinkles and crushed almonds as desired